Sunday, September 6, 2009

Immortal by Gillian Shields

Wyldcliffe Abbey School for Young Ladies, housed in a Gothic mansion on the bleak northern moors, is elite, expensive, and unwelcoming. When Evie Johnson is torn away from her home by the sea to become the newest scholarship student, she is more isolated than she could have dreamed. Strict teachers, snobbish students, and the oppressive atmosphere of Wyldcliffe leave Evie drowning in loneliness.

Evie's only lifeline is Sebastian, a rebellious, mocking, dangerously attractive young man she meets by chance. As Evie's feelings for Sebastian grow with each secret meeting, she starts to fear that he is hiding something about his past. And she is haunted by glimpses of a strange, ghostly girl—a girl who is so eerily like Evie, she could be a sister. Evie is slowly drawn into a tangled web of past and present that she cannot control. And as the extraordinary, elemental forces of Wyldcliffe rise up like the mighty sea, Evie is faced with an astounding truth about Sebastian, and her own incredible fate.

REVIEW: I really enjoyed this book, very much. It was sort of a quick read for me, but I still really like it. Although, I didn't really like Evie that much, I mean, yes I guess you could relate to her, but also sometimes I felt as if all she cared about was herself, and wanting to be with a boy she hardly knew anything about. But, the ending was nice, how he just couldn't risk loosing her for anything. Overtime, I learned to like the friends she made there. I'm guessing there will be another installement. Plus, I really like the cover, it really shows what this story si about, well once you read it. Everything just... works. x.

0 comments: