Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dark Visions by L.J. Smith

Kaitlyn Fairchild has always felt like an outsider in her small hometown. Her haunting eyes and prophetic drawings have earned her a reputation as a witch. But Kait's not a witch: She's a psychic. Tired of being shunned, Kait accepts an invitation to attend the Zetes Institute, where she can have a fresh start and study with other psychic teens.

Learning to hone her abilities with four other gifted students, Kait discovers the intensity of her power -- and the joy of having true friends. But those friendships quickly become complicated when Kait finds herself torn between two irresistible guys. Rob is kind and athletic, and heals people with his good energy. Gabriel is aggressive and mysterious, a telepath concealing his true nature as a psychic vampire, feeding off of others' life energy. Together, Rob and Gabriel's opposing forces threaten the group's stability.

Then one of the experiments traps the five teens in a psychic link. A link that threatens their sanity and their lives. And Kaitlyn must decide whom to trust...and whom to love.

Review:

I really loved this book, but then again, I love all the books written by L.J. Smith. There was a lot to think about in this story, and had no dull moments. Plus, she created another type of vampire, but a blood-sucking vampire, but i psychic vampire. This was a great love story, choosing between two different sides of herself, and boys.

I really Loved Gabriel, but then again I love the handsome bad boys in stories. He tried not to care, but you could tell he was in love with Kait. And Rob, was too nice for me, but thats what I loved. Everyone has totally different thoughts and personalities, that was so off, which made everything work together. I wouldn't change anything about this story, and recommend it to everyone. x.

5 comments:

L said...

OMG how did you get this book?! I'm dying to read it!

Jenna said...

i actually ended up getting it 2 weeks before it was supposed to come out. . . in chapters. :) sometimes they do that.

Anonymous said...

I thought this book was amazing! I was totally hooked and couln't put it down!

DarkDr.Pepper55 said...

I'v read this book 4 times and can't get annof I love it it's my faveret book of all time. way better then twilight. I also Love Gabreal from the start. And ones my friend is done baroing my book im going to read it agin.

Gabby said...

I couldnt stop reading this book. Ive already read it over 2 times ! Since Gabriel was the sexy, smooth, mysterious dark one... which was opposite of golden, sweet, perfect Rob, it just made the story even better. Hahah but in EVERY sentence Lewis says "Jeeez" :]
Its a WONDERFUL book. Read it, you will LOVE it !